Travel Equipment: Guy Gear Shavers | Today we do a Shaver check. Shaver are good when they have (A) multi-directional flex heads – also called ‘Rotary Shavers’. That means: no one-blade shavers please! (B) a lithium-ion battery. Best with turbo charge option. (C) ‘Lift and Cut’ technology. Means: it works with two blades, one to lift and another to cut. You can skip doing research for other brands than Philips. No other producer offers rotary shavers. And with the Philips’ Norelco series you will also always purchase ‘Lift and Cut’ when buying a shaver. What else to look for: maybe self-cleaning would be cool too. We found 3 contenders and sorted them by price from low to high.
Guy Gear Shavers
(1) Philips Norelco PT724/46 Shaver 3100
Don’t ask why the names of Philips shavers are always so complicated. Philips Norelco PT724/46 Shaver 3100 – a looong mind f**king name for an actually very simple shaver. For dry shaving only. You will get approx. 40 minutes of shaving time after an 8 hour charge. It’s the best bang for your bucks, because you only pay US$75 for this Philips Norelco PT724/46 Shaver 3100 at Amazon.
(2) Philips Norelco S9311/87 Shaver 9300
Runner-up: Philips Norelco S9311/87 Shaver 9300. Each shaving head moves in 8 directions to cut up to 20% more hair – says the description. We did not test this one. But yeah. Compared to model 3100 this model has a bit more stuff to offer: a wet and dry electric shave system for example. And you can choose the speed that best fits your skin and hair type: Slow (for an even more skin-friendly shave), Medium (for a thorough shave), and Fast (for a high-powered shave). 40 minutes of shaving per charge. A smart self-cleaning system cleans, lubricates, dries, and charges your shaver. Those extras are well documented in the price tag: US$195 for the Philips Norelco S9311/87, Shaver 9300 at Amazon.
(3) Philips Norelco S9721/84 Shaver 9700
This high-end luxury electric shaver has all the features mentioned for model 9300 plus this:
– delivering 50 minutes worth of shaving, a one hour recharge time, and fast 5 minute single shave charge.
– To stay informed a center digital display tells you everything from the battery life to the comfort settings selected.
– The digital interface automatically lights up and showing: battery level, cleaning indicator, battery low indicator, replacement head indicator, and travel lock indicator. Price: US$290 at Amazon.
Guy Gear Shavers. By Chili & Churp | © International Destinations | Check out more Top Travel Gear.